The Math Placement Assessment (Test) is generally available April-August and October-January.
Incoming students: Test through the Math Placement Portion of your Next Steps Center.
Current students: Test through D2L with Examity, an online proctoring service. Follow the steps at the bottom of the page.
In-person testing: Limited dates on the UA campus in the Math Building room 101. Testing will begin at 3:00 pm. Register for an in-person testing appointment here.
Important information about the ALEKS PPL Assessment: Click here to read about the test
for information on approved calculators, review options, rules and strategies, scores, etc.
You are responsible for making sure you are aware of and are following all procedures.
- Check here to see what score you need for a particular math class.
- You can review.
Only certain calculators are allowed. Check yours here.
You will need a CatCard or Government issue photo ID, and Calculator.
If it has been more than one year since your first attempt at the PPL assessment, or you have tested 5 times in one year, you will not be able to access the PPL assessment.
Testing through D2L / Examity: You may test online, proctored through Examity, as long as you have access to a webcam, microphone, and high speed internet. There is a $26 Math Placement Testing fee charged to the student's UA bursar's account (No fee for Arizona Online campus students). Students will need to do the following:
1. Log into D2L with your UA NetID and password.
2. Click the Self Registration link located in the banner near the top of the screen.
4. Click the Register button to register for the course, and then click the Submit button.
5. Click the Finish button on the confirmation screen.
6. Back at the top of D2L, go to your "Proctored Math Placement Testing with Examity" course to create your Examity profile. Instructions are available within the D2L course. You will need your CatCard or a government issue photo ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) and will need to enter the time zone you will be in when taking the exam. It may take up to 10 minutes to create your profile. Register for a testing appointment more than 24 hours in advance to avoid additional fees.
7. Return to the Examity link in the D2L course at the time of your testing appointment.Next Steps Center