Incoming students access the test through their Next Steps Center.
Current students test through:
- Examity, an online proctoring service. See below.
- ILC room 140 several dates in May and June. Register for a testing appointment here.
- UA Testing Offce TBD.
You will need a catcard or Government issue photo ID, and Calculator. It is your responsibility to read about the test before taking it.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are using an approved calculator on the test. A TI-83 or 84 is recommended. If you have a different calculator, you need to check here to make sure it is allowed: http://tiny.cc/calculators. Calculator models that use symbolic manipulation are not allowed, and the use of such a calculator will result in a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and an invalidated test score.
Examity for students who do not have access to the Next Steps Center. :
Testing through Examity:You may test online, proctored through Examity, as long as you have access to a webcam, microphone, and high speed internet. Students who take the exam through Examity will have a $26 Math Placement Testing fee charged to the student's UA bursar's account (not UA Online campus students). Students interested in this option will need to do the following: Register for the D2L course, create a profile in Examity, register for a testing appointment, return to the Examity link in the D2L course at the time of the testing appointment. Brief instructions are given below and are also available in the D2L course.
1. Log into D2L with your UA NetID and password.
2. Click the Self Registration link located in the blue banner near the top of the screen.
4. Click the Register button to register for the course, and then click the Submit button.
5. Click the Finish button on the confirmation screen.
6. Go to your "Proctored Math Placement Testing with Examity" course to create your Examity profile. Instructions are available in the D2L course. You will need your CatCard or a government issue photo ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) and will need to enter the time zone you will be in when taking the exam. It may take up to 10 minutes to create your profile. Register for a testing appointment more than 24 hours in advance to avoid additional fees.