HomeMath PlacementMATH Credit by Exam & Transfer CreditsTransfer Credit From Outside Arizona, Completed or for Pre-approval

1.4. Transfer Credit From Outside Arizona, Completed or for Pre-approval

Click here for information on sending your Official Transcript to the UA


Some courses automatically transfer as UA Math courses.  Check  Arizona transfer courses   or   out-of-state transfer courses  to see if your course will transfer automatically. 


If you cannot find your transfer course on these two websites, or your course has already transferred in as Math 1tr or Math 3tr, then you need to have your course evaluated. Gather some information first: a link to your transfer institution's main website, and a link to ALL math course descriptions from your transfer institution.  Note that you are asked to provide links to ALL Math (and Statistics if applicable) course descriptions, not just the description of the course that you took or want to take. Failure to provide this will delay your evaluation. 

Evaluation forms:  When you submit these forms, you are asked for a UA NET ID or SID.  If you do not yet have a UA SID or NET ID, just put in 00000000.


Online, correspondence, or distance learning courses are considered for approval ONLY if proctored exams are required as part of the course policy for all students. ALL exams must be proctored, not just the final, as part of the course requirements for all students taking the course.   Also, proctored exams must account for more than 50% of the overall grade. If you are requesting an evaluation for an online, correspondence, or distance learning course, you must provide the course syllabus, with grading policy and exam policy.


Credit Hours Awarded - The Math Department does not determine the number of credits that transfer in from a particular institution. Questions regarding this should be directed to the Office of the Registrar. Quarter system units are converted to semester units by multiplying the units by 2/3.


Incoming First-Year Students or students who attend freshman orientation must have a placement through SAT I MSS, ACT MATH, or ALEKS PPL for entry into a course at or below the level of Calculus I, even students who already have college math credits. Please bring proof of your credits to Math Advising at Freshman Orientation. Incoming students should refer to the information in the Next Steps Center.


This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful